Updated Feb, 10th 2013
I will explore how a trip is created on the travel support website TripIt!
1. Type www.tripit.com into web browser
2. Domain Name Server (DNS) translates the name into an IP address and searches for the address in its database and cache.
3. The request is routed to the appropriate server (in this case www.tripit.com)
4. The server resonds back to the client with the information in data packets
6. I enter my username and password
7. The information is queried in the appropriate back-end database using SQL
8. If the username and password match, the site grants me access to my account.
9. I click on "Add a Trip"
10. The site directs me to the "Add a Trip" page, which is delivered in packets
11. I enter the appropriate information into the required fields and click "Create a Trip"
12. The information is queried in the back-end database using SQL
13. The trip is saved to my account!