- Why am I making this map? I started commuting by bus from my house to downtown for my "day job" last Fall. When I enrolled in this class the day before it started, I did so because I love design and I love maps...but didn't have a big vision in mind of what I would do. Over the past week I've realized that my bus ride to and from work goes by many of my favorite places...and since bus system maps are a big jumble, and not quite as easy to "make pretty" as rail/metro lines for a city, that neighborhood maps would be of value, showing bus routes within a neighborhood but also serving as a guide of where else you can hop off and hop on to enjoy some of the great neighborhood sights and sounds (and happy hour!). As Anne pointed out on my introduction to myself, it's less about getting from point A to point B but what you can see and experience on the way if you get off at a different stop!
- Why am I the expert to create this map? I live in the neighborhood and use the bus as my primary transport to and from work...and I'd find value in being a consumer of this map!
- Who is my target audience? Locals and also visitors to a neighborhood. And maybe RTD will want to license my efforts :)
- Do I want my final project to be printed or digital? Likely digital with the option to be printed...and probably smart phone accessible.
- What level of detail do I need to include? (Names, addresses, contact info, street names, website, hours, descriptions, color coding, etc.) Major street names, key bus stops, interesting sights, good restaurants...since you'll be on the bus, I probably won't get too specific on scale for the bus.