Thanks for this great class, Sandra! It filled in the gaps I'd been missing between a cleaned up scan and creating a pattern in Photoshop :)
I painted my motifs in pieces with watercolor. I've been wanting to try assembling painted motifs digitally for a while and it was so fun!
I scanned and cleaned up the pieces and started assembling my motifs.
I tested the pattern a few times before I got the placement how I liked it, then a few more times to play with the background colors. When I was pretty happy with it I decided to add in some fun snow texture. I created 3 different background colors. I didn't adjust the holly colors between backgrounds because I really liked the shading on all 3 backgrounds. I really wanted to try a version with white berries but I had trouble adjusting the red berries to white. I'm not sure if there is a way to do it or if it just wasn't in the cards because it's such a drastic hue change. If anyone has any tips or suggestions I'd love to hear them!