My project is ME, and more about maintaining and creating holistic goals habits for my happiness, health and weight, than one "project". I have lost more than 12kgs since July 2012, and I'm feeling fit, happier, healthier and stronger. My goals for exercise below are to make it to the gym 4-6 times a week.
- Lose another 14kgs before June 2013
- Continue healthy eating, mostly protein and vegetables. Explore/modify a Paleo diet, or restrict dairy, sugar and wheat.
- Address and avoid emotional eating.
- Days off or meals out with friends where I don't worry about a restrictive diet or eating plan, and take pleasure in food, in order to avoid disordered eating.
- Body Balance and / or Yoga every week, regain my flexibility and improve my (poor) balance. Pilates every week.
- Continue HIIT and stair machine as cardio. When in no danger of getting sunburnt or sunstroke (we're in the middle of a heatwave!), keep walking to places within reasonable distance, that I otherwise would have caught public transport to.
- Continue weight training and ABT exercises, varying these to challenge myself. Increase weights I can lift / press steadily as my strength increases.
- Get more than 6 hours sleep every night.
- Take the Chinese herbs and supplements my acupuncturist prescribes, every day, especially Iron tablets. I need the energy and mental and physical support these offer, in managing chronic health conditions.
- Schedule regular relaxation like visits to the bathhouse and massages, to nurture my body.
- Confidence in baring my arms in public and not worrying about what people will think of scars, or their nosy questions about tattoos, or worrying whether my arms look "fat".