Happy Patterns | Surface Design Pattern - The Fun Way!
Over the past two years, I've learned how to create my own surface pattern design using my own drawings & creating some illustrations as well. I wanted to share my process (which is straight forward), meaning I love to work fast & get some great results within a short time frame.
My class will be about: Creating some beautiful patterns design, using your own drawings (nothing more personal than your own style).
I’ll demonstrate & guide my students through all the steps, with videos & demo using their drawings, phone & adobe illustrator.
Here are some steps that will explain via some videos:
1. Pick up a theme of your choice if you are not inspired by sunglasses ;-). In this class, our subject will be "glasses & sunglasses". I think it is a fun subject as glasses come in all kind of shapes!
2. Draw, sketch and doodle a lot of glasses on letter size paper (or A4) using black ink or black posca.
3. Capture your drawings with Adobe Capture App.
4. Open illustrator & prepare the shapes.
5. Select your color palette & explore some pattern design.
6. Finalize & export.
7. Apply to mock up. (using Artboard.studio - Free account).