Updated Mar, 4th 2013
Week Two -- Imaginary Cities
My Imaginary City:
I was immediately drawn to create my imaginary city with some collage scraps. I decided on blue as my theme, and went to work creating different shapes...keeping texture in mind along the way.
Week One -- Hand Drawn Maps
Quiz - 75% woohoo! (this was fun, some of those animals were quite talented :)
HAPPY DAY MAP
For the first week of class, I really just wanted to see what I would create without thinking too heavily. The result = HAPPY DAY MAP. This map captures an ideal Saturday for me. Makes me smile just looking at it. The best part about it for me is that I didn't OVERthink, I just had fun with it. Enjoy!
1. Why am I making this map? For fun? A client? A gift? To showcase my favorite places? Etc.
2. Why am I the expert to create this map?
3. Who is my target audience?
4. Do I want my final project to be printed or digital? How is going to be used/held? What other constraints do I need to keep in mind moving forward? (Note type can be smaller on printed maps than when viewed on web)
5. What level of detail do I need to include? (Names, addresses, contact info, street names, website, hours, descriptions, color coding, etc.)
6. Dear class, I need your help/expertise/guidance on how to.....