Growing from leaves

I collected a bunch of leaves from my daughter to use for this project. I felt them out to dry for a bit longer than I meant to, just because I didn't have time to set up my little propagation station till the weekend. Anyway one of the leaves I left out to dry actually started to sprout roots!!! They're bright pink, which I wasn't expecting. Here's a pic of the little guy: 


He's sitting on my palm, so is really quite small. I hope that he will survive even though he's sprouted roots early.

Today I finally had the chance to set up my propagation station. I just used old pots I had lying around from plants I bought from Bunnings, so that was nice and cheap. I has some perlite to mix into the soil too which was handy. 

Here's a photo of my finished propagation station:


I just have them setting out on my back balcony, where it's nice and sheltered. Can't wait to see some little succulents start sprouting!


Please sign in or sign up to comment.