Updated Jan, 15th 2013
From a very young age I've been very active in sports and exercise in general. Playing basketball 7 days a week, hitting the gym at least 4 times a week and pretty much any other sport that crossed by me. However, when I got older and started to work full time those habits went down the drain. I could barely do a couple sets of 10 pushups but not regularly. Bottom line is, I completely lost the habit of working out on a regular basis.
In the last 3 or 4 years, I've "regained" that habit but I've done it following and endless cycle: I get fat, then I workout like a maniac and start eating properly to get back in shape. When I reach a certain “esthetic” look then I slow down and I start skipping workouts and cheating in my meals.
I would like to break that cycle and maintain sustainable exercise and eating habits throughout my life in order to STAY in shape. Alongside with this main goal below I list the set of goals I would like to achieve as well:
- 15% body fat (currently I’m standing at 22%)
- Gain hard lean muscle and more strength in general.
- Log my weight, measurements, body fat % at the end of every month.
- Keep track of my meals and calories intake.
- Play basketball at least once a week to regain the cardiovascular resistance I used to have.
- Drink at least 3 liters of water every day.
- Keep sodas and artificial juices to a minimum (or not drink them at all)
- Avoid eating fried food and food high in sugar.
- Start taking my supplements: vitamins, protein shakes, oil fish.
- Reach the following strength milestones:
- STOP sabotaging myself by skipping workouts and having crappy food.