I started by sketching over the six images that Charly provided in class:
I was pretty amazed by how easy that was, especially to switch up the features and make her look different - different eyebrows, eyes, mouth, chin, posture, etc.
Then I took the last sketch I made and used it as my reference. I refined it a bit but not by much and I didn't add too many details at this stage. Maybe next time I will do that. I also didn't look for any reference photos so I will try that another time too to add more details and interest.
I only have the default procreate brushes so I made do with those, though it would be interesting to use more suitable brushes. I added some detail and worked with a limited color palette.
For a first try and considering I skipped a few helpful steps and worked on it for a short time I was really impressed and happy with the result!