Finding My Illistration Style in 6 Simple Experiments

Finding My Illistration Style in 6 Simple Experiments - student project

Finding My Illistration Style in 6 Simple Experiments - image 1 - student projectExperiment 1 Line, I decided I wanted to do butterflies for this one. I quite like the bottom left and top right.

Finding My Illistration Style in 6 Simple Experiments - image 2 - student projectExperiment 2 shape My favorite ended up being the first one that I did with paint pens in blue black and gold at the top right. I ended up really enjoying the paint pens throughout these experiments.

Finding My Illistration Style in 6 Simple Experiments - image 3 - student projectExperiment 3 negative space, I really ended up enjoying playing with water soluble crayons this time I haven't used these very much and I'm interested in playing around with these more.

Finding My Illistration Style in 6 Simple Experiments - image 4 - student projectExperiment 4 Value, This page didn't go particularly well it's kind of a mess. I tried using a different brand of water soluble crayons on the bottom bee and they didn't work well so I made a note of that. If anyone wants to try water soluble crayons I found the Mungyo Gallery ones much nicer than the Portfolio ones.

Finding My Illistration Style in 6 Simple Experiments - image 5 - student projectExperiment 5 Colour. I like this page for the most part and it was a lot of fun. The fine liner one in the top right looks a little funny it's supposed to be on a shell but it kind of looks more look poop oh well ha ha. I enjoyed using conte pencils on the top left and watercolour pencils on the bottom left yellow-green and blue-green one

Finding My Illistration Style in 6 Simple Experiments - image 6 - student projectExperiment 6 Texture. This page was a little hit and miss I like the first one I did on the top left in pencil crayon and the yellow and black hover fly in the middle left was an interesting experiment with Tombow water soluble pens. I meant to do the yellow before the black so the black wouldn't mix with the yellow but forgot and ended up leaving gaps between the black and yellow which I though was kind of an interesting effect I'd like to play with more. The bottom two were squeezed in a bit as I didn't leave enough room and I struggled with my paint pens on the right fly. They're pretty silly looking and not accurate at all but I actually think they're kind of funny and sort of like the silly crude style.

   This was a fun experiment I learned a lot thanks for the class!