Rogan formulates escape plans A and B.
• Plan A: Rogan confronts the Sheriff with a completion report.
• Rogan vows the Sheriff will regret his refusal to grant his departure.
• Plan B: Rogan surrenders to the ghosts’ pleas.
• Plans to direct a show of his own to interrupt the outdoor performance of “Uncle Tom’s Cabin.”
• The ghosts’ coaching fuels Rogan’s rage.
The show must go on as well as Rogan’s embarkation.
• The apparitions appear in large numbers.
• The white performers in blackface are the first casualties.
• The event ends in deadly devastation.
• Emma urges Rogan to move the children out of harm’s way.
• Some spirits rescind their threats to attack the children.
• Sheriff and henchmen accost Rogan.
• Rogan and Emma escape on an outbound train.
Years later, Rogan returns to the town square’s award ceremony.
• Subtle forms of racists practices surround the event including a protest denouncing the event.
• Rogan reconnects with a survivor of the massacre.
• The town reveals a statue in his honor.
• A gunman aims his firearm at Rogan.
• The sculpture awakens during Rogan’s acceptance speech.