Family photo repaired

Family photo repaired - student project

I have been learning this for a while. This is my most recent piece. It is a public domain image of Clara Barton. The first image is how it looked to start with.

Family photo repaired - image 1 - student project

 This next image is how it looked after I fixed the image (more or less).


Family photo repaired - image 2 - student project

Following the repair job, I colorized it.

Family photo repaired - image 3 - student project


I started with this one. As you can see, the 'color' is off and there are 'issues' with the background. Changing it to Grayscale fixed the blue tint at the bottom (thanks!). Then I used mostly the patch tool and the Spot Healing Brush tool to fix any problems that I saw. Next, I separated the subject (an ancestor) from the background and slightly blurred it using Gaussian Blur.Family photo repaired - image 4 - student projectFamily photo repaired - image 5 - student project