(EDIT: The image may appear twice as it seemed like the first one was cropping strangely after uploading.)
I tried to follow the pretty linearly while taking creative liberties to try to apply everything that was talked about. In the end my version turned out to be a little more cartoonish and a bit more flat. This is one of my first attempts with trying to render digitally so overall I'm happy this result.
Things I noticed that I'll need to practice more are fold in fabric like the cape, shading of musculature, and un-flattening some background elements.
I suppose my sketches don't translate to non flat colors as easily as I had hoped but it's all a learning process!