My final project is still in the works, I need advice on Fonts & Colors. Anyone?
It's not really what I thought I was going to do for the class, but I liked my hand drawn one from the first assignment - and went with it.
I'm sort of embarrassed, but I just used Powerpoint to create it.
- Why am I making this map? I have a lot of visitors coming over to Dublin this Spring. A lot of them are here for a long weekend, before heading off somewhere else in Europe. We want to spend our time with them exploring things a little further from Dublin, so if I can create a map for them to explore Dublin on their own during the week - it would be ideal.
- Why am I the expert to create this map? I'm by no means an expert on Dublin, but I can definitely offer options and suggestions based on what I find the most interesting and the can't miss sights, keeping my audience in mind.
- Who is my target audience? Friends, family, and also me (for memories and my blog)
- Do I want my final project to be printed or digital? How is going to be used/held? What other constraints do I need to keep in mind moving forward? I want it to be printed, and easy to carry, but also look good online, as a downloadable map
- What level of detail do I need to include? This can vary - I need to put more thought into it.
- Dear class, I need your help/expertise/guidance on how to.....My biggest struggle is figuring out how many streets to include in the map - how do I make it easy to read and look cool - but still be practical.
Here are my sketches. I scanned them, so they are kind of light.
1. This is actually an iteration of #2 - a lot of my favorite pubs in Dublin are on this street - and I've been wanting to do a pub crawl, so I decided to map it
#2 When we first moved to Dublin, we were blown away by how many times a street name would change - it was impossible to know where people were talking about - this is a road near our place that makes me laugh
#3 Started simple with something I know well - where I grew up
#4 Inspired from a comment my husband made while I was all over the place last night trying to do many things at once.