In the fall of 1997, I had just turned 18. In five short months, I would be starting college. As fate would have it, my sister had decided to take a year off from college. So we took the next five months, and drove across country, camping in national parks, staying on friends couches, and seeing as much of this beautiful country as we could.
- Why am I making this map? For fun? A client? A gift? To showcase my favorite places? Etc. I'm making this map because I want to remember as much as I can about this time in my life. I love maps, and think that creating a map of this trip would be a great way to force myself to remember the trip, as well as create something that lasts and I will be able to refer back to.
- Why am I the expert to create this map? Because I went on this trip!
- Who is my target audience? Me and my sister.
- Do I want my final project to be printed or digital? How is going to be used/held? What other constraints do I need to keep in mind moving forward? (Note type can be smaller on printed maps than when viewed on web) I'm not too handy with a pen or paint, so I'm thinking a digital map would make the most sense for this.
- What level of detail do I need to include? (Names, addresses, contact info, street names, website, hours, descriptions, color coding, etc.) I'd love to include places we stopped, and represent some way for how long we spent in each place. Names of people we stayed with along the way would be great too.
- Dear class, I need your help/expertise/guidance on how to.....