Door 1st attempt. Made it in 40min with drying time, very loose and ''painterly'' as they say!
Perfectly crooked :/
Doing day 11 today, I tought it was time to update. I've done some 3h straith drills on some days, really in the zone and it feels really good. I'm using my practice pallette with some dried up tube paints with a basic range.
I've spent a lot of time testing all my brushes to some unexpected result. That moppy brush from a japanese calligraphy set could make so many different marks, it's ridiculous. I had no idea!
That blue green sheet is the one I tested all my brushes on with the same motion. It's filled on both sides.. I can't believe I never did that!
Now a few days left, I can't wait to remake the door!
Second attempt at the door I was slower and more careful, it's somehow less dynamic because I was thinking way too much. Still I can see my marks being cleaner, less fiddly and by consequence my colors are cleaner. I did take more time to mix myself good colors instead of winging it with what was left on my plate...
Will take the advice and make drill sheet whenever I got some boring waiting time, left over paints and scraps of paper.
Come say hi on instagram here : www.instagram.com/esilabet_willibix