I found the excercise pretty eye opening and I intentionally only used pretty cheap watercolorpaper to see, what they can and cannot do.
Brushes I used were Da Vinci Nova Synthetics in the sizes 6 & 12
My colors are Van Gogh student quality watercolors
The first picture of the exercise is done on cheap watercolorpaper from amazon.de "perfect ideaz" (300g/m^2)
The second picture of the exercise is always done on cheap watercolorpaper from boesner "Le Grand Bloc Aquarell" (200g/m^2)
Experiment 1 - Pigment in Water
So the cheap one from amazon tends to "eat" much of the color because the color gets really dull after drying. But I like how it spreads into the water.
The paper from boesner is thinner and therefore not able to handle a lot of water :-( But it's fine for dryer watercolor techniques.
Experiment 2 - Blending
I like how the paper let the colors blend into each other, especially because it seems to cause less cauliflowers, but it's causing really dull colors.
Blending seems to be not really good working on this paper.
Experiment 3 - Overlapping
I like the smooth blending at 5 seconds.
As in the previous exercise: it's hard to get any blending on this paper...
Experiment 4 - Edges
The paper causes cauliflowers at the edges were the color dries. Although it looks interesting I like the damp brush 5 seconds the most. Which is a little bit annoying: the color breaks of the paper when completly dry, so it causes white spaces in the smooth color surfaces. Shouldn't use my artist quality colors on this one!
I LOVE the cauliflower effect on this paper. But since to the weight of the paper it gets really wrinkly.
Experiment 5 - Cauliflowers
Like the one coloured 60 s most
The colors needed reeeeeeeeally long to dry completly on this paper during this experiment.
So I just added some thoughts I had and made every thought and experiment without any prejudices <3 And I'm eager to try out my other papers, colors and brushes aswell using some of those excercises <3
And to end my project - I gave the misty trees a try on the "perfect ideaz" paper