This has been a fun challenge, and I have already learned a lot from it. I have looked through all your classes, and have tried to use and try as many techniques as I could think of.
It started with the idea of some animals bringing presents on a row, but through the thumbnail schetching, I realized it may had been a bit to complicated a composition for this project. I decided to use just one of the animals from the original idea, a duck with a present on his back.
Then I tried different compositions, changed the size of the present, the dimensions of the duck, and placement on the paper.
I made my own colourwheel with my Ecoline fluid watercolors, starting with the cmy colours.
Then I made some color-thumbnail sketches, and ended up using a more low saturated but still natural colour scheme than my first attemt, and got through some more vibrant versions under the process.
I am pretty happy with the result, and I believe it is much better than how it would have been, if I had go through with my first ideas :)