DRS (Formerly Fixeruppers)

DRS (Formerly Fixeruppers) - student project

So I started by coming up with a fictitious startup called Fixeruppers. Fixeruppers identifies local "handy people" who are immediately available to repair and restore any thing that may have gone wrong in your home (i.e. appliances, electrics, plumbing, etc).

I didn't want to use Partystarters because Meg did such a good job of branding the site that I couldn't think of any other way it ought to be displayed! However, (as of right now) there are a LOT of visual similarities between Partystarters and Fixeruppers.

Fixeruppers Logo

DRS (Formerly Fixeruppers) - image 1 - student project

Still in the beginning stages, this is what I have drafted for the home page...

Fixeruppers Site First Draft

DRS (Formerly Fixeruppers) - image 2 - student project

This may change drastically as I continue to work on it. I'm not sure that I'm in love with the color palette I've selected and I'm still figuring out how I'm going to design the body. I'll continue to edit this page as I work on the design =)

Fixeruppers Second Draft

To be honest,  I haven't had a lot of time to work on this! I've been very busy with work but managed to make some changes. First, the color scheme definitely had to go. I went with blue & orange, which I think has more of a "repair service" feel to it. I'm still not married to this color scheme, it may change again, but it'll do for now. I've also added some imagery and well, see for yourself! It still needs plenty of work but I think it's an improvement from the first draft.

DRS (Formerly Fixeruppers) - image 3 - student project

Scrap That!

After trying to make this work, I decided that I just didn't like anything about the concept. So instead of continuously trying to make it work, I decided to do a redesign of the recording studio my mom works at. The current site can be seen here http://www.drsmastering.com (what a disaster!) and this is the redesign I've done.

DRS (Formerly Fixeruppers) - image 4 - student project

There are a few copy issues...a lot of spanish and english mixed together but I'm happy with the header and footer. I'm open to suggestions/comments regarding the middle content area or anything really! Looking forward to hearing your comments =)