Braggart has been mouth-tested for the past few months and has gained a nice cult following.
The concept behind Braggart started with my desire to know when my friends were having sex. Did he get lucky? Did she actually sleep with that guy from the bar? I love when my friends get lucky and I love hearing about it. I'd venture to say all best friends do.
As I spoke to more people, they all said, quite unsurprisingly really, that they have thought the same thing time after time. So, I borrowed a phrase from the show Scrubs and dubbed the app the Sex Gong App. But sex isn't enough of a basis for an app and I realized that people enjoy sharing other accomplishments with their friends- very specific accomplishments. Many of these border on the frat-esque, but they are legitimate sharing experiences.
1. Log into Braggart.
2. Select contacts from your phonebook and group them into lists eg. High School Buddies etc.
3. Select a square from the home screen (Sex, Beer, New Purchase, Work Out, Poop, Personal, Etc).
4. Option to write up to 140 characters and attach a picture.
6. Friends receive a GONG sound notifying them that a friend has just gotten lucky. Friends then see the picture and the 140 characters.
7. Option to respond in a group chat within the app.
That, my friends, is the simple, SnapChat-like power of concentrated group sharing about very specific and fun(ny) things. Not too many options. 6, max.
Users could pay extra to create more boxes and sounds. A buck a box.
THIS SCREEN IS FROM SONGZA, A FAVORITE APP OF MINE. IT IS CLEAN AND FUNNY. BRAGGART WOULD BE BASED OFF OF THIS DESIGN.