I don't have a credible paint/draw editor so I don't have storyboards drawn out, yet, but have the ideas sketched in my mind. Basically the app would be a searchable on-phone database of spirit reviews. Specific capabilities/characteristics:
* Review contents (name, background, tasting notes, manufacturer, etc.) served up from local sqlite DB * Bottle images either served up from local file store or served from the web and cached * Ability to browse/search by name, predefined tag, etc. * Download new, additional or changed content from a web repository * User can bookmark, (dis)like, or otherwise annotate the local copy in a minimal fashion
* browse by name scene * display with spirit name+photo only * display also with short description
* browse using tags scene * display spirit name+photo only * display also with short description
* individual review scene * each review page has a photo plus contents * swipe side to side to page through multiple reviews from the selected set * back button to go back to the catalog (name or tag) * annotation button (like, hate, …) * field for user's own notes * button to share socially via FB ???
* admin/settings/... scene * download update * change font size * ???
* other UI notes: * very inspired by the new Yahoo weather app UI * clean/minimal not super-Apple-y design * blur background photo as text is slid over it.?
In a perfect world (i.e., if this goes to a stage 2...):
1. DB should be encrypted on the web site, and decrupted within the app, to avoid easy data theft and copy-cat application using my own content
2. User can add to local database * Basic Text Add * Camera?
3. Contribute to main database * Auto-upload from own DB * "Admin approval" is required before the content is shared with the world, to minimize spam/junk