This was a fantastic class. I learned so much about using Instagram and I am excited to implement changes into how I post. My situation is a bit different since I am not trying to sell products or services that I offer. Instead, I use Instagram as an outlet to share my love of books. My goal is to create connections with my followers and create a community that discusses books that inspire change.
- age: 25 - 44
- gender: female
- location: the United States
- rent or own: both?
- work/career: I honestly don't know how to narrow this down
- income: This can also vary significantly. Books range from free (library) to moderate (purchasing used) to a costly habit (purchasing new)
- purchasing considerations: compatibility (genres), enjoyment, entertainment, informational, inspirational
- childhood ambitions: author, teacher, activist. This is another hard one to narrow down since literature is such a diverse and inclusive topic.
- creates joy: books of course! connecting to the human condition. They could have a favorite genre such as fantasy (great for escaping the real world) or memoirs (life lessons/inspiration/perspective).
- hopes & wishes: to be reading
- how can Books_She_Reads change their life/business: by providing reliable book recommendations and a positive platform to discuss books.
- what is most important: exploring the diversities of life.
- major brands they follow: large publishers and popular authors.
- bloggers/influencers the follow: bookstagramers, book reviewers, book review blogs
- favorite social media platform: Instagram
- favorite content: beautiful books, book reviews, book recommendations
- clickable content: relatable books
Top Ten Values
Top Three Values
Value Prop Questions
- top three brand values: 1. books that explore the human condition 2. authentic reviews 3. positive community
- what do I do differently: still trying to figure this one out. I do have a blog that I post my reviews to and direct my Instagram posts towards my blog. I have been seriously thinking about dropping my blog and doing only Instagram. I would also like to implement my skills as a graphic designer and illustrator into my feed.
- what does my brand stand for: quality book reviews and recommendations, fun and creative bookish content
- what do I want my brand to be known for: quality book reviews and recommendations, fun and creative bookish content
- what do I promise: authentic book reviews
Value Prop Story
Books She Reads features books that explore the human condition, speak against injustice, and inspire positive change by providing authentic reviews and fostering a positive book community. Through the power of Instagram, Books She Reads is able to reach a diverse audience through her authentic reviews and uniquely fun and creative bookish creations.
Value Prop Sentence
Authentic book reviews and recommendations that explore the human condition and inspire positive change.
3 Types of Images
1. stylized flats: these are good for showcasing the reviewed book
2. people in portraits: to remind my followers that I am a real person, actually reading the books I review
3. quotes & inspiration: an opportunity to exercise my artistic skills and share significant quotes from the books I am reading
bonus: I could use stories to share 'behind the scenes' daily updates of reading/blogging
3 Caption Types
1. thoughts and ideas: sharing my book opinions
2. inspire: share powerful quotes from the books I read
3. behind the scenes: reminding my followers that I am a real person
Content Priorities: image type - caption type (content)
- first priority: stylized flats photo - thoughts and idea caption (book reviews)
- second priority: quotes & inspiration - inspire (book quotes)
- third priority: people in portraits - behind the scenes (new books to my TBR, what I am reading)
- using the branded hashtag #booksshereads or #booksforchange
- I will be more intentional with my post content (book reviews, adding to my TBR, book quotes, monthly TBR list)
- I will be more stylized with my photos to create a unified look
- I will incorporate more of my personality into my captions and encourage engagement with my followers by asking questions