As of today, 12/12/12 ( ! ), I'm submitting the "meets minimum" app located at the following links:
In the few remaining days until the project deadline, I will attempt to fill-out the app/site with content that reflects my true ambitions and objectives. At the risk of appearing ridiculously over-ambitious, I've attempted to describe them below. One should "aim high", right? I have no idea how long it will take to develop a "reasonable" amount of content, but I have to start somewhere. I welcome everyone's thoughts and suggestions, constructive or otherwise!
- to provide an introductory guide to the development of hybrid mobile apps for enterprises.
- to aggregate best-of-breed hybrid mobile app development tools and technologies.
- to examine related industry trends in "big data" and "mobile business intelligence.
- to document the resources available to developers of mobile hybrid applications.
Vision for Hybrid Mobile Apps:
- create a single website that adapts to each mobile/fixed device.
- incorporate hybrid app design and allocate functions based upon device capabilities and user needs.
- draw upon resources in the cloud, as appropriate.
- consider a hybrid app that adapts dynamically to the speed, quality and cost of one's network connection.
- "dynamic app adaptation" = dynamic adaptation by the app, based upon it's environment
- the app should be able to assess the extent of each resource that is available on the device and optimize its behavior.
- mobile devices of enterprise employees will increasingly have access to "big data" resources.
- enterprise mobile devices will serve as "data collection nodes" that will feed "big data" applications.
- embedded sensors in appliances, cars, industrial machines, etc. will increasingly be accessed by smartphones or their direct network connections.
- leverage IBM's hybrid mobile development software portfolio which integrates both native and web-based technologies.
- create open-source prototype apps that others can use to further their hybrid mobile development objectives.
- define economic/ROI tools that will quantify the business value of a mobile hybrid app, focusing on "big data" and "business intelligence".
- evangelize these tools and resources to mid-tier and large enterprise C-suites.