Setting goals and a workable schedule help me move one step closer to what I want to accomplish.
Big 3 for 2021
- Sell at least 30 oil paintings (original/commissions)
- Complete at least the draft of my children's book
- Create/publish a skillshare class
- Post a blog article at least twice per month (will try and aim for one per week)
- Website update and maintenance at least twice per month.
- Work on one writing module per month
- Do at least 2 drawing/painting studies per week.
- Complete at least 1 original painting per month. (does not include commissions I do)
- Post on social media at min twice per week.
- Write morning pages every day (refer to the Artist Way)
- Read 1 hour per evening
- Studio time 3 to 4 hours per day (depending on the project)
- 1 Hour per day on Teacher Handbook and learning video editing, write-up script, and modules for class.
- 2 hours per day working on the writing modules, submit an assignment once per month for feedback.
- 1 - 2 hours per day Skillshare time.
This schedule might not make sense to some but this is just in a nutshell, it is much longer and detailed. Every class, painting, drawing, etc are planned out. I will also be competing in a few writing competitions that I need to complete the submissions for. This is in my native tongue and country.
My plate is rather full and I also need to work around family responsibilities too.
Hurdles for me:
- I tend to not believe in myself, self-doubt is a major problem.
- There are people in my house that don't believe in goals and don't understand why I have the need to achieve.