04/08/2019. Back to 5-minute morning meditation. And, thus, concludes this meditation journal.
03/08/2019. Did not meditate this morning. Felt mentally disorganized, and sad. Knew that meditation would help. Did not meditate. Sometimes having the right tools does not mean you actually feel like using them to help yourself…. So what’s to be done about that?
Forgot to write down. Probably enlightenment achieved.
- Date: 01/08/2019 (Thursday) - Time: 8:55-9:00am
-Location: Seated on edge of couch, good posture - Duration: 5 minutes - Highlights: The real progress has been in defeating the “I don’t have time for meditation today” mindset.
- Issues/questions: None. Still not very adept at meditation but realise haven’t been at it long.
- Date: 26/07/2019 (Friday)
- Time: 7:56-8:01am
-Location: Lying on couch
- Duration: 5 minutes
- Highlights: Thought 5 minutes of meditation would be a boring slog. Felt like I’d only been at it 30 seconds before the timer went off—utterly bizarre. Kept breathing steadily throughout.
- Issues/questions: Thoughts did wander. Don’t know how to acknowledge them gently, rather just sort of shut down particular lines of thought whenever I realised. Changing the topic of distraction rather than refocusing, unfortunately. At some point focusing on breath became thoughts about singing, proper breathing...so was thinking about breath but only technically speaking. Will try seated with good posture next time, see if that suits me better.