A single step

A single step - student project

So since this is my first lettering project ever, I think I went a little overboard with the sentence I chose. In hindsight I should´ve started with something that has less words. Anyhow, I´m sticking to it now!

From the start I had a lot of problems with choosing fonts that went nice together. At first I had a lot of different fonts that made the whole thing not easy to look at. I made it easier by sticking with only 2 fonts. That didn't help either...

A single step - image 1 - student project

So I threw the whole thing away and started with a clean piece of paper. I took another look at all the different fonts I started with in the beginning and I sketched another layout.

A single step - image 2 - student project

A single step - image 3 - student project

Then I drew a nice version where everything isn't so crooked:

A single step - image 4 - student project

I think that everything came nice together in the end.