2/9/19 - Attempts at Aurora Skies

2/9/19  - Attempts at Aurora Skies - student project

I struggled quite a bit with these... I have a lot of trouble doing what needs to be done before the water dries, so the different sections of color don't blend. I don't know if it's just that I'm slow or if there's something else I'm missing. I did use the correct paper, but this is an issue I have often, not just in this class.

 

Otherwise, I like what I've done, and would like to practice trees a little more.  For the first painting, I used 9x12 paper. I thought that maybe the size of the paper might have something to do with the water drying out faster than I could paint, so for the second painting I tried using 5x7. I don't think the size made a difference. I sure would like to figure it out.

 

2/9/19  - Attempts at Aurora Skies - image 1 - student project

 

2/9/19  - Attempts at Aurora Skies - image 2 - student project