Skillshare Premium Members are invited to join us on August 4 at 3PM EDT for a live class with Dylan Mierzwinski all about exploring color and shape with gouache. The session will run for approximately 60 minutes. Click the “Remind Me” button above to register!
Dylan is an illustrator, pattern designer, and sewing enthusiast based in sunny Phoenix, Arizona. She’s known for her bold and retro illustrations. With an everlasting love of learning and trying things with her own hands, Dylan has found joy in sharing what she’s learned along the way in her eight years as a professional graphic designer turned illustrator and Top Teacher on Skillshare, where she’s taught more than 81,000 students.
In this fun and interactive class setting, you'll learn:
- To recognize and develop just the right consistency of paint
- Basic brush technique for working with gouache
- How to choose and experiment with colors
Plus, at the end of the class you'll have your own finished piece of art, whether using Dylan's reference or your own! Throughout the session, you’ll be encouraged to work alongside Dylan and ask questions. We look forward to seeing you soon!
- Dylan will be painting from this reference photo, and using the following 7 colors of Holbein Acryla Gouache: ivory white, shell pink, jaune brilliant, scarlet, olive, ash green, and deep green. You can use the closest colors you have, or pick totally different colors based on your style!
- A size 6 round brush and a ¼" flat wash brush, or your closest fitting brushes or best loved brushes
- Canson watercolor paper, or your preferred watercolor paper
- Artist/painters tape for taping the edges
- Paper towel and water
- Surface for mixing paint (old plate, paper plate, palette, palette paper, etc)
How to Participate:
- Click “Remind Me” above to register for the live session.
- On the day of the event, the "Register" button will change to "Join Session" at the time the Live class starts. Click on it to join. Make sure you’re subscribed to “Updates from Skillshare” in your account settings to receive an email reminder 15 minutes before the session starts.
- Come with your questions, or just listen in!
What to Know About Zoom:
- Zoom is a free online video conferencing tool. Download it to your device here. Note: Zoom will download automatically when you join your first call.
- Once you’ve joined the Zoom call, use the “chat” window to type your questions in real time. We’ll get through as many as possible!
- To make sure everyone can hear, we’ll be using Zoom’s “mute” feature so that audio is coming through from the teacher’s end only.
- You are encouraged (but not required) to turn on your camera.
- We want to keep Zoom a safe space for everyone — please abide by Skillshare’s community guidelines throughout the session.