Celebrate spring by painting soft, vintage-inspired roses!
Skillshare Premium Members are invited to join us on Wednesday, April 7th at 8:00 AM ET (5:30 PM IST) for a live online Zoom session with Trupti Karjinni all about how she paints gorgeous vintage roses using watercolor. The session will run for approximately 60 minutes. Click the button above to register!
Throughout this relaxing painting session, you’ll learn how to:
- Achieve Trupti’s soft, loose floral look
- Mix your colors to create a muted, vintage vibe
- Add gold accents to your painting to create a stunning final product
Throughout the session, you’ll be encouraged to work alongside Trupti and ask questions. Trupti recommends the following supplies to paint along, though you can certainly enjoy some creative time with whatever materials you have!
- Paper - Any watercolor paper
- Paints - Quinacridone Rose, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Sap Green, Gold, Grey (Trupti will be using her Blue Pine Arts paints in Rose Kiss, Poinsettia, Light Olive, Slate Grey, Rich Gold, but the above colors will be close enough!)
- Brushes - Round, size 6 and 2 (Trupti recommends Princeton Heritage)
- A palette for mixing
Trupti Karjinni is a full-time artist, instructor, and paintmaker based in Belgaum, India, and the founder of art supply company Blue Pine Arts. Although she works in many mediums, watercolor is a favorite, and she especially loves using them to paint idyllic landscapes. She has a passion for learning and teaching, and has shared her knowledge with over 20,000 students on Skillshare.
How to Participate:
- Click the button above to register for the live session.
- On the day of the event, we’ll post a link to join the Zoom call. 15 minutes prior to the start time, we’ll open up the room so you can access the event. Make sure you’re subscribed to “Updates from Skillshare” in your account settings to receive an email reminder 15 minutes before the session starts.
- Come with your questions, or just listen in!
What to Know About Zoom:
- Zoom is a free online video conferencing tool. Download it to your device here. Note: Zoom will download automatically when you join your first call.
- Once you’ve joined the Zoom call, use the “chat” window to type your questions in real time. We’ll get through as many as possible!
- To make sure everyone can hear, we’ll be using Zoom’s “mute” feature so that audio is coming through from the teacher’s end only.
- You are encouraged (but not required) to turn on your camera.
- We want to keep Zoom a safe space for everyone — please abide by Skillshare’s community guidelines throughout the session.