Learn to create every color in the rainbow starting with just four colors alongside Top Teacher Ann Shen! Ann is an illustrator, author, and hand-letterer based in Los Angeles. She has worked in the art and design industry for over ten years, taking the leap to work full time for herself in 2014. Her artwork has been on everything from doll packaging, digital stickers, book covers, editorial illustrations, calendars, theme parks and more for companies like Disney, Facebook, and HarperCollins.
Skillshare Premium Members are invited to join us on Thursday, July 15th for a live online Zoom session with Ann Shen, all about color mixing with gouache paint. The session will run for approximately 60 minutes. Click the button above to register!
This live session will include:
- Tips and tricks for getting the right paint consistency
- How to color-mix for the perfect shade
- Basic color theory and how to think of color holistically
This class will be great for artists of all levels and styles to explore the medium of gouache and brush up (get it?) on their color theory and color mixing.
You will need:
- Your favorite watercolor sketchbook or paper
- Gouache paint: any shade of red, blue, yellow, and permanent white
- Brushes: round, size 6 or similar
- A palette for mixing
- Water container
- Misting bottle filled with water (optional, but you'll see why it helps in the class)
- Paper towels
- Something round to trace (like a small plate) and a ruler
- Pencil and eraser
How to Participate:
- Click the button above to register for the live session.
- On the day of the event, the "register" button will change to a "join live session" button at the time the class starts. Make sure you’re subscribed to “Updates from Skillshare” in your account settings to receive an email reminder 15 minutes before the session starts.
- Come with your questions, or just listen in!
What to Know About Zoom:
- Zoom is a free online video conferencing tool. Download it to your device here. Note: Zoom will download automatically when you join your first call.
- Once you’ve joined the Zoom call, use the “chat” window to type your questions in real time. We’ll get through as many as possible!
- To make sure everyone can hear, we’ll be using Zoom’s “mute” feature so that audio is coming through from the teacher’s end only.
- You are encouraged (but not required) to turn on your camera.
We want to keep Zoom a safe space for everyone — please abide by Skillshare’s community guidelines throughout the session.