Miss this live session? Check out the recorded class here!
Learn to draw clothes and develop wardrobes that work for your illustrated characters.
Skillshare Premium Members are invited to join us on Thursday, November 5th at 3:00 PM EST for a live online Zoom session with illustrator Gabriel Picolo all about illustrating clothes for comic book characters. The session will run for approximately 90 minutes. Click the “Remind Me” button above to register!
Gabriel Picolo is a Brazilian illustrator and comic book artist known for his extensive work with DC Comics. He takes a lot of inspiration from Studio Ghibli, Disney, and video games, and is also a sneakerhead who is known for putting especially unique wardrobes on his characters. With over 2.8 million followers on Instagram and 70,000 students on Skillshare, he loves sharing his knowledge of drawing relatable scenes and characters with others.
This live session will include:
- A discussion of how Gabriel develops entire wardrobes to suit a character by first getting to know the characters themselves, with plenty of examples from his work
- The opportunity to draw some outfits alongside Gabriel to learn how he creates different looks and see how he works in Photoshop using his tablet
- Plenty of insight into how Gabriel uses color theory, different textures, and more to make his illustrated clothes look great
To prepare for class, feel free to download the character templates Gabriel created for you to add clothes onto.
Throughout the session, you’ll be encouraged to work alongside Gabriel and ask questions. Feel free to add questions in advance of the event (discussion forum below) or bring them live to the Zoom session. We look forward to seeing you soon!
How to Participate:
- Click “Remind Me” above to register for the live session.
- On the day of the event, we’ll post a link to join the Zoom call. 15 minutes prior to the start time, we’ll open up the room so you can access the event. Make sure you’re subscribed to “Updates from Skillshare” in your account settings to receive an email reminder 15 minutes before the session starts.
- Come with your questions, or just listen in!
What to Know About Zoom:
- Zoom is a free online video conferencing tool. Download it to your device here. Note: Zoom will download automatically when you join your first call.
- Once you’ve joined the Zoom call, use the “chat” window to type your questions in real time. We’ll get through as many as possible!
- To make sure everyone can hear, we’ll be using Zoom’s “mute” feature so that audio is coming through from the teacher’s end only.
- You are encouraged (but not required) to turn on your camera.
- We want to keep Zoom a safe space for everyone — please abide by Skillshare’s community guidelines throughout the session.