Live.Took place on May 25, 9:00am. EDT
Draw Your Own Meditative Patterns From Nature — Live Class from Amsterdam with Neha Modi
Draw alongside Neha Modi as you learn to see patterns all around you and turn them into your own relaxing doodles.
About this Live Session
Learn to find patterns in nature to bring into your drawings and doodles!
Artist Neha Modi has already taught you how to draw some of her favorite repeat patterns—and now she wants to show you how to develop your own. Skillshare Premium Members are invited to join us on Tuesday, May 25th at 3:00 PM CEST (9:00 AM EST) for a live online Zoom session where’s she’ll show you how she finds and draws simple patterns from nature. The session will run for approximately 60 minutes. Click the button above to register!
This live session will include:
- Ideas on how to open your eyes to see patterns all around you
- Neha’s technique for taking the patterns she finds and turning them into simple line drawings
- The chance to carve out some time for a meditative drawing practice with Neha
Throughout the session, you’ll be encouraged to work alongside Neha and ask questions. All you’ll need to follow along is a pen or pencil and paper!
Neha Modi is an artist and illustrator based in Amsterdam. She’s held lots of creative roles in her career, but ultimately made it back to her childhood love of art. Now, she enjoys creating a simple, meditative practice—and is excited to share her approach with students on Skillshare.
How to Participate:
- Click the button above to register for the live session.
- On the day of the event, we’ll post a link to join the Zoom call. 15 minutes prior to the start time, we’ll open up the room so you can access the event. Make sure you’re subscribed to “Updates from Skillshare” in your account settings to receive an email reminder 15 minutes before the session starts.
- Come with your questions, or just listen in!
What to Know About Zoom:
- Zoom is a free online video conferencing tool. Download it to your device here. Note: Zoom will download automatically when you join your first call.
- Once you’ve joined the Zoom call, use the “chat” window to type your questions in real time. We’ll get through as many as possible!
- To make sure everyone can hear, we’ll be using Zoom’s “mute” feature so that audio is coming through from the teacher’s end only.
- You are encouraged (but not required) to turn on your camera.
- We want to keep Zoom a safe space for everyone — please abide by Skillshare’s community guidelines throughout the session.
Frequently Asked Questions