Miss this live session? Check out the recorded class here!
Shoot and edit creative photos using objects you already have at home.
Skillshare Members are invited to join photographer Amelie Satzger as she teaches an online Zoom class from her home in Munich, Germany. On Tuesday, December 8th at 3:00 PM CET (9:00 AM EST), you'll discover how to find inspiration from what you already have around you in a 60-minute session. Click the “Remind Me” button above to register!
Amelie is a photo artist and art director based in Munich. Her work is known for its bright colors and surrealistic touch, and has been exhibited at exhibitions and art fairs around the world. She loves sharing her unique shooting and editing techniques, and regularly gives behind-the-scenes peeks to her 26K+ followers on Instagram, in addition to teaching thousands of Skillshare students.
This live session will include:
- Ideas for how to break out of a creative rut and find inspiration in things you have around the house, with examples of powerful photos Amelie has created while at home
- A live photoshoot where Amelie will show you how she starts to think about everyday objects in new and surprising ways
- A chance to edit alongside Amelie as she transforms her photograph into a surreal and whimsical work of art
You’re welcome to grab some objects around your house to shoot and edit alongside Amelie, or take notes during the session to create your work of art later. Throughout the session, you’ll be encouraged to ask questions. Feel free to add questions in advance of the event in the discussion forum below, or bring them live to the Zoom session. We look forward to seeing you soon!
How to Participate:
- Click “Remind Me” above to register for the live session.
- On the day of the event, we’ll post a link to join the Zoom call. 15 minutes prior to the start time, we’ll open up the room so you can access the event. Make sure you’re subscribed to “Updates from Skillshare” in your account settings to receive an email reminder 15 minutes before the session starts.
- Come with your questions, or just listen in!
What to Know About Zoom:
- Zoom is a free online video conferencing tool. Download it to your device here. Note: Zoom will download automatically when you join your first call.
- Once you’ve joined the Zoom call, use the “chat” window to type your questions in real time. We’ll get through as many as possible!
- To make sure everyone can hear, we’ll be using Zoom’s “mute” feature so that audio is coming through from the teacher’s end only.
- You are encouraged (but not required) to turn on your camera.
- We want to keep Zoom a safe space for everyone — please abide by Skillshare’s community guidelines throughout the session.