Let's dance into the basics of animating for TikTok in this fun, informative class!
Skillshare Premium members are invited to join us on Friday, September 17th at 3:00PM EDT for a live online Zoom session with Karen Jordan, aka OkayKaren, all about adding animation to IRL video for TikTok. This session will run for approximately 60 minutes. Click the button above to register!
This live session will include:
- A demonstration, beginning with a simple animated stick figure, of how to add a dancing animated character to a real life video using Procreate and iMovie
- A breakdown of how to add inking and color to make your animation pop
- Tips and tricks for getting the most out of TikTok
This class will be perfect for digital animators of all levels, whether you’re just starting out or hoping to expand your work onto a new platform.
You will need:
Artist and illustrator Karen Jordan is better known by OkayKaren, the handle of her wildly successful TikTok. In less than a year, 22-year-old Karen has become one of TikTok’s most popular animators! When she’s not teaching here at Skillshare, Karen uses her quirky, relatable animation style to communicate with her followers (all 1.4 million of them!) about her day-to-day life.
How to Participate:
- Click the button above to register for the live session.
- On the day of the event, the "register" button will change to a "join live session" button at the time the class starts. Make sure you’re subscribed to “Updates from Skillshare” in your account settings to receive an email reminder 15 minutes before the session starts.
- Come with your questions, or just listen in!
What to Know About Zoom:
- Zoom is a free online video conferencing tool. Download it to your device here. Note: Zoom will download automatically when you join your first call.
- Once you’ve joined the Zoom call, use the “chat” window to type your questions in real time. We’ll get through as many as possible!
- To make sure everyone can hear, we’ll be using Zoom’s “mute” feature so that audio is coming through from the teacher’s end only.
- You are encouraged (but not required) to turn on your camera.
- We want to keep Zoom a safe space for everyone — please abide by Skillshare’s community guidelines throughout the session.