I opted to make my own gelli plate with water and gelatine, (not the permanent one with glycerine, as I couldn't find it when I was at the shops). I would now be very tempted to buy a proper one online, as my plate was really falling apart after an hour or so. But it only cost me about $1.50 to make, so is an economical option!
The printing was so much fun. My three year old absolutely loved it, and dictated most of our colour combinations. I didn't clean the plate or brayer between colour changes so we got some interesting colour mixes. We used what I had on hand - acrylic paints, a foam brayer and copy paper.
Our first gelli prints and my precious little helper:
Our dining table after an hour or so:
I used a full A4 sheet for the card image, as I couldn't decide which print I liked best out of the two on my page. I decided to use an alphabet stamp set and coloured ink pads to add my text in between the images:
I didn't get around to using the sewing technique this time, but here is the final print, scanned and cropped:
Thanks again - I am so excited that I've learned this new technique! Am very much looking forward to printing some cards!