125g chopped hazelnuts
170g unsalted butter
100g 60% dark chocolate
100g chopped 60% dark chocolate
100g granulated sugar
100g brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
70g all-purpose flour
45g unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp espresso powder
a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Line an 8-inch square pan with butter and cocoa powder.
- Brown the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. You'll know it's time to turn off the stove when the golden bits form on the bottom of the saucepan and the butter starts smelling nutty.
- While the butter is still hot, add the 100g of 60% dark chocolate and mix until the chocolate has melted completely.
- Mix the salt, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract into this butter and chocolate mixture with a manual or electric whisk.
- When everything is well incorporated, add the flour, espresso powder, and cocoa powder with a spatula. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Add the chopped hazelnuts and the remaining 100g of dark chocolate into the mixture, and fold until well incorporated.
- Pour into the previously prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the brownie has set. Make sure it's not overbaked.
- Let the brownies cool completely before slicing them.
- Enjoy! :)