experiment and serie

experiment and serie - student project

This was fun. I didn't have the exact materials but I used what I had. I had acrylic medium, watercolor and gouache. I just put a bit of medium in my watercolor mix to make it more permanent so as not to reactivate with the glue. All and all, the solution worked great, transparency was great (since it's watercolor) and I had quite a few options. I also used brusho to make some textures and spotty bits.

 

I made a few paper pieces, just to try it out, and then I primed a bunch not so good looking canvas (some had failed pieces on them, one was dented...).

I made a few flat background in black grey and white. One big canvas had texture on it, so I ''completed'' the texture to make it a thing.

 

Then I used one particular canvas - the dented one - to try stuff. Dirpping, cola pen, glass pen, multiple types of paper, overlap, no overlap... It's the crappy "let's see what it does" one. It's quite ugly, but serve its purpose :

experiment and serie - image 1 - student project

 

 

I made them as a serie, switching between them while trying tools, colors and material on the first experimental one. The hashing highligts done with the glass pen and white ink on the black canvas is my favorite part.
I still need clean up and to varnish. Here are some of the rest :

experiment and serie - image 2 - student project

 

experiment and serie - image 3 - student project

 

experiment and serie - image 4 - student project

 

experiment and serie - image 5 - student project

experiment and serie - image 6 - student project

 

experiment and serie - image 7 - student project

 

Thanks for the class!

Elisabeth Doyon

I do art... sometimes