At this point, my life has become rather busy so the project has become a 100 bugs project rather than a 100-day project - I think ive passed the 100-day marker by now... I have completed 80 bugs so far. You can see them all at this link
Ive always wanted to do a 100-day project but they seemed terrifying. im determined though! im going to do 100 different insects in my sketchy style starting tomorrow morning! wish me luck!
I have already seen so much improvement in only 2 days. this is amazing!
Day 1 - Cicada
Day 2- Elephant hawk moth
(I had a bad day but I still tried)
starting to get demotivated so limiting myself to 1hr per illustrations (so far they've been 3-4 hrs each)
this time limit has really helped me to simply the colours needed and see which ones are really necessary. compared to the scorpion, the colour changes are much harsher here but the overall effect is closer to the original intention of the project (:
here are the next nine! my record time is 15 minutes (the swallowtail butterfly). I have also started adding more detail to the background, playing with looser shapes, more abstract texture, and changing the colour of my signature.