- 1x (Normal)
The Purpose of Settings3:46
Creating a Setting Step by Step3:42
Project: Write Your Setting2:19
About This Class
The Creative Writing Project series helps you complete a novel, short story or screenplay. Each class focuses on a specific step in the creative process, from brainstorming to publication. The goal is to get you published!
This class shows you the purpose of settings, and guides you step by step through the process of creating a vibrant, active setting in which your story can take place. When you complete this class you be intimately familiar with a process that can bring to life every setting in your Creative Writing Project.
The classes in this series include:
- Creative Writing Project: Brainstorm Your Story
- Creative Writing Project: Create a Character
- Creative Writing Project: Structure Your Story
- Creative Writing Project: Write Act 1
- Creative Writing Project: Write Act 2
- Creative Writing Project: Write Act 3
- Creative Writing Project: Structure a Scene
- Creative Writing Project: Create a Setting
- Creative Writing Project: Write Great Dialogue
- Creative Writing Project: Energize Your Manuscript
- Creative Writing Project: Publish Your Book
- Creative Writing Project: Market Your Book
Class Projects 2 See All
Steve Alcorn is the author of many novels and non-fiction books. His publications include mysteries, young adult novels, a romance novel, children's books, history and non-fiction about theme park design, and the writer's guide How to Fix Your Novel.
Steve is also the CEO of Alcorn McBride Inc, the company that provides the audio and video systems used in nearly all of the world's theme parks. In his spare time he enjoys world travel, sculpture and music composition.
During the past decade he has helped more than 30,000 aspiring authors structure their novels. Many of his students are now published authors.