- 1x (Normal)
Plot vs. Story4:36
What Do I Write About?4:56
Project: Brainstorming Your Story3:11
About This Class
The Creative Writing Project series helps you complete a novel, short story or screenplay. Each class focuses on a specific step in the creative process, from brainstorming to publication. The goal is to get you published!
This class helps you brainstorm your project, including determining what you should write, and helps you develop the idea for both your story and plot--yes, they are different, and this class shows you why. When you complete this class you will have a clear, written plan for your Creative Writing Project.
The classes in this series include:
- Creative Writing Project: Brainstorm Your Story
- Creative Writing Project: Create a Character
- Creative Writing Project: Structure Your Story
- Creative Writing Project: Write Act 1
- Creative Writing Project: Write Act 2
- Creative Writing Project: Write Act 3
- Creative Writing Project: Structure a Scene
- Creative Writing Project: Create a Setting
- Creative Writing Project: Write Great Dialogue
- Creative Writing Project: Energize Your Manuscript
- Creative Writing Project: Publish Your Book
- Creative Writing Project: Market Your Book
Class Projects 11 See All
Steve Alcorn is the author of many novels and non-fiction books. His publications include mysteries, young adult novels, a romance novel, children's books, history and non-fiction about theme park design, and the writer's guide How to Fix Your Novel.
Steve is also the CEO of Alcorn McBride Inc, the company that provides the audio and video systems used in nearly all of the world's theme parks. In his spare time he enjoys world travel, sculpture and music composition.
During the past decade he has helped more than 30,000 aspiring authors structure their novels. Many of his students are now published authors.