- 1x (Normal)
2- What you should know before watching this course0:31
3- Anlayzing and returning data6:46
4- Creating the interface7:55
5- The Keyup Event Part17:51
6- The Keyup Event Part25:10
7- getResults & displayResults Functions11:00
8- ChooseResult Function8:19
9- Next Step0:23
About This Class
Generally, an autocomplete system needs three different technologies:
- Server-side language capable of providing data to the client: We will use PHP.
- Database to store data: To make our code as simple as possible we're going to use a file to store our data, but you can use a real database if you wish to.
The principle is simple but effective: when a user type a character in the text field, a search is done and the results are sent back to the navigator. The latter displays these results in a little frame located under the search field.We can then browse the results using the up and down arrow keys or the mouse cursor.If we choose one of the listed results, it will be automatically displayed instead of what was written by the user.
What are the requirements?
- HTML/CSS: Basic knowledge to create a simple text field
- PHP Basics:Things like variables, if statements, loops and arrays.
What am I going to get from this course?
What is the target audience?
- This course is perfect for anyone who wants to learn how to create an autocomplete system from scratch
Ismail Raji is software engineer and web developer. He have a passion for everything related to technology and enjoy programming and geeking out.
The idea of helping others learn makes him so happy and satisfied, that's why he decided to start teaching online.
So join him now in his knowledge sharing and learning journey.
You can follow him on Twitter @RajiIjar