- 1x (Normal)
Promotional Video - Agile in the Workplace2:33
Intro and The Definition of Agile4:20
Agile in Action, Here's a Great Example of Agile Development8:06
How is Agile Different?4:30
Agile Principles and a Little Bit of History about Agile3:26
The Agile Team and Agile Tools3:43
FAQs About Agile5:09
Key Agile Concepts6:49
Agile Rituals and Agile Myths6:44
A Quick Agile Recap6:33
Before you start with Agile & How to get started with Agile2:07
Final Agile Recap and Final Words About Agile2:29
About This Class
Think of this course as Agile for Dummies (or Agile for anyone and Agile for everyone). This course will allow you to Master the most important concepts and tools of Agile Development, Agile Project Delivery & Agile Project Management.
This Agile Crash Course has been designed to enable you to become Agile the Agile way, in less than an hour! You will fully understand Agile when you finish this course and you will learn from an Agile sensei.
What will you learn?
- The key concepts and tools of Agile Development, Agile Project Delivery and Agile Project Management.
- The meaning of user stories, daily stand-ups, retrospectives and kanban boards.
- How to apply Agile in your job and projects.
- The difference between Agile and traditional project delivery.
- The benefits and advantages of Agile.
- Why Agile is the preferred development methodology in the modern world.
- About the history of Agile.
- Why Agile isn't only for Developers.
- Why Agile isn't only for IT projects.
- How to use Agile to deliver quickly and often.
- How to use Agile to learn from your mistakes.
Why take this course?
- You will Master Agile.
- You will be prepared to apply Agile to your projects.
- You will be able to speak about Agile with confidence.
- You will understand the difference between Agile and other methodologies.
- You will learn from an Agile sensei and Agile expert who applies Agile on a daily basis.
- It's short, effective and practical.
- It's been developed from the ground up with a focus on quality.
- You will get tools and tips that you will love.
- It's value for money. You will spend a small amount but gain a lot of knowledge.
- You have nothing to lose!
- You will get the inside scoop on all my future courses.
°°If you already made up your mind about taking this course just click on the "Enroll." button°° If not, keep reading.
How will this help you?
- You will be able to deliver projects, products and apps quickly and often, the Agile way!
- You will go fully prepared to a job that requires knowledge in Agile.
- You will feel more confident about Agile and how to apply it.
- You will be able to add this to your CV (just put it under "Professional Development").
- What you will learn will make you effective and successful :)
Who is behind this course?
An Agile Expert and serial entrepreneur, techie, life hacker, expert Project Manager and MBA (x2).
This course is specifically for:
- People who want to learn about Agile.
- Beginners, people without any Agile experience or knowledge.
- People who have heard the words "user stories," "backlog," "retrospectives," "sprints," "scrum master," "product owner," "MVP," "swim lanes," "kanban board," etc. and wondered what it meant.
- Developers, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Enterprise Architects, Data Base Administrators and basically anyone interested in learning Agile.
- People who want to learn about an exciting methodology,
- People with an open mind and a willingness to learn.
- People capable of taking notes and applying the concepts and tools provided in this course.
- People that think that traditional project delivery takes too long and want to explore other options.
- People who want to learn about the most important and popular Agile Methodology: SCRUM.
This course is not suitable for:
- People that prefer quantity over quality.
- People that like lengthy and theoretical explanations.
- People who aren't prepared to go through the entire course and take notes.
- People who expect things to work out without any effort or preparation.
- People who already have a lot of experience with Agile and are more intermediate to advanced.
- People who want to learn about less popular Agile methodologies such as Extreme Programming (XP).
°°If you think this course is for you, then go ahead and click “Enroll" and we'll be in touch soon.°°
- You will learn Agile!
- Agile is currently the preferred delivery option in technology projects and environments across the world. Yet Agile is not only for IT!
- Agile will allow you to deliver projects, products and apps quickly and often.
- Agile is the buzz word and a global trend. More and more people want to learn Agile every day in the world.
- Agile is not perfect and it won't solve all your problems. But it will give you a different view and approach to managing them.
- Agile is not suitable for all projects but it is for many.
Step into my Dojo and start learning about Agile now. You will learn about powerful tools and concepts that will enable you to become more successful in your projects. We will go beyond the definition of Agile, from rituals and tools, to activities, concepts, examples and reflections. So take the course now to learn what all of this means in more detail and how you can apply it to become and Agilelist.
°°So if you haven't done so already click on "Enroll" now! Or... What are you waiting for?°°
- This course was developed the Agile way, in under 50 hours!
- The creation process involved a high level of attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- The 1st iteration of this course is a living example of an Agile Concept: the MVP or Minimum Viable Product.
Class Projects See All
No projects have
been added yet
No projects have
been added yet
No projects have
been added yet
No projects have
been added yet
12 of 13 students recommendSee All
Excellent course. I've heard the term "Agile" thrown around for years. I finally feel like I have a solid understanding of the terms and processes that surround the methodology. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get a solid overview of the subject. Well done!
In a nutshell, I'm a serial entrepreneur, techie, life hacker, expert PM and MBA (x2). But at heart, I'm also an Educator.
Mauricio in Numbers
Founded or co-founded 3 business startups (in the last 6 years).
Invested in 5 personal startups.
Studied 2 MBAs and 1 Bachelor of Engineering.
Traveled to 10 Countries and lived in 4.
Lives in a beautiful city, ranked 5th best place to live in the world.
Works for a prestigious University, ranked in the Top 1% in the world.
Worked for a Fortune 500 company (Johnson&Johnson) for 6 years. During that time received a High Performance and Global Leadership award.
Was in the Top 40 in the world that were part of J&J's Global Operations Leadership Development program inaugural class.
Speaks 3 languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese).
Owns and drives 1 BMW (100% German).
Has 2 siblings, 23 cousins, 6 uncles and 8 aunts.
My passion for entrepreneurship, technology and education started when I was just a kid. By the time I was 15 I had already started three businesses: candy commercialization at school, newspaper recycling in my community and car washing for family and friends. I had also moved from Colombia (South America) to the U.S. to experience first-hand the American culture, something I was always curious about. By the time I had reached my 20’s I had moved on to a knowledge based business, teaching English. And during my 20’s and 30’s I got married, became a self-taught investor, started trading stocks in the U.S. and Colombian markets, traveled the world, migrated to Australia, did 2 MBAs and started all the startups listed below. I also speak three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese), have been to over 10 countries in 4 continents and have also lived in Colombia, Mexico, USA and Australia (my home).
1) Skillshare - 2nd course launched, more to come. | Knowledge turned into useful / commercially viable courses.
2) Numbby - Shutdown | a crowdsourced/curated source of data, statistics and everything in numbers.
3) Todoenbienes – Shutdown | a social network for selling and buying products and services.
1) Global MBA with Tulane University. Studied in New Orleans (USA), Paris (France) and Beijing (China).
2) Migrated to Australia as a Permanent Resident and Skilled Professional.
3) Started a Street Performance Documentary on YouTube (you can google it, just enter "Street Performance Documentary Mauricio Rubio Parra").
4) MauricioRubio dot com – On Going | Free knowledge sharing. It's my way of giving back to the world.
5) Amazing photography - Find it on Instagram (just search "_mauriciorubio")
***Behind the Scenes
It's not all pink, ponies and rainbows. Even though I have had many successes as a person, professional and entrepreneur, I have also been rejected many times. A lot of people have not believed in my projects or ideas and have not supported me in my journey. Yet, like Jack Ma I have kept moving fwd because I strongly believe I am doing the right thing in pursuing my dreams and projects (go to youtube and search "Jack Ma rejected by Harvard"). Here is a list of the people who have rejected me recently (to name a few):
1) The prestigious University MIT, twice in 2016
2) The Boston Global Mass Challenge in 2014.
3) The Colombian Government - Trip to Silicon Valley in 2014.
The Professional (My CV)
Master of Management and Engineer with ten years’ Project Management experience (Agile certified). Expert in software and mobile development projects (including agile development and digital services) with a strong capacity to drive innovation, productivity, efficiency, improvement, growth and high performance.
Experience with Higher Education, small, mid-size and large companies; proven track record of consistently exceeding targets, delivering projects on time and within budget (flawless project execution).
I've lead course development, LMS, CMS, CRM, mobile apps, Facebook apps, web development, new product development, IT, operations, sales and procurement projects across a wide range of industries including Higher Education, IT, FMCG and Equipment industries. I also worked for the following companies:
-An Australian Go8 University, ranked in the Top 1% in the world.
-The leading Online Training provider in Australia: e3Learning, part of Open Universities Australia which has big clients such as Qantas, IGA and Tupperware.
-A Colombian compact and heavy equipment distributor: ETECOL, part of Doosan and Bobcat a global company with Billions of dollars in sales.
-An American high tech startup with important clients such as NASA, the White House and the U.S. Department of Defense.
-An American Fortune 500 company: Johnson&Johnson one of the biggest and most respected brands in the world.
Master of Management - Tulane University
MBA - ICESI University
Bachelor of Engineering - Javeriana University
User Innovation - MIT
Data Wise: A Collaborative Process to Improve Learning & Teaching - Harvard University
"I'm not an ideal man, but a man of ideas" -Khodorkovsky