Advocate Series | content making v1 Premium class
- 1x (Normal)
1.0 - course overview2:31
1.1 - digital skills introduction0:58
1.2 - podcasting ideas on the go5:56
1.3 - tips to finesse your video sharing5:24
1.4 - making engaging end credits with outromaker2:48
1.5 - make facebook video overlay captions2:23
1.6 - please engage in the project.1:02
1.7 - the roundup1:12
1.8 - please share and retweet (...)0:12
About This Class
i wanted to start (yet another) series about the 'making/doing/gettingstarted' of content making.
after listening to a lot of people at networking mixers and gathers saying they want to take up blogging and not realising what was involved or hearing people saying 'my mind goes blank' or 'i don't have the time' or 'i don't know what to talk about' made me question the WHY people don't get started. i've come to many conclusions but some of the main ones are the following. .
- worried that digital level is too low and therefore will lead to frustration
- wants to be amazing and viral straight away
- first bit of content has to bring lots of subscribers
- scared of being judged on anything they put out
- don't have the equipment they THINK they need to put something out
- worried about who sees it and where it goes
i've found it super interesting that it always revolves around some of this thinking and i've often noticed that it's the people that are not very social in the first place. they have the business processes, the contracts and the work, money, income streams but they have little applied social strategy and creativity when it comes to expanding that business online. it's super odd for a creative like me.
so, i've decided to make some content making courses, describing the process, what tools, what software, motivating you to 'have a play' - hell, send the content to your friend, family member or brother/sister if you don't want to put it LIVE on the internet. you used to play when you were a kid right? what part of ADULTING made you stop playing?
so yeah, that's the motive behind this course. to get you creating and open you up to realise that within twenty minutes you can have the bones of how to get started and to motivate you to at least have a go and maybe find a new skill or hobby in the process! :)
I'm Phil from England and i make courses every month. ..
focused online wisdom sharer, digital course maker & internet strategist teaching anyone that wants to efficiently learn digital skills and tools often free software based in the cloud - twenty plus years of expertise with all things digital and covering the latest trends today!
» Click to »
I love to create and share. inspire others to benefit to use technology for good. I touch on lots of areas from an optimization perspective. my courses are meant for you to watch on your commute, plane, train or automobile!
- assist you with the knowledge to optimize areas of your digital life
- hands-on practitioner skills
- provide you with free and paid courses
- most courses are #donein20 - be in and out in twenty minutes
- live on and off grid working remotely to share the journey
- barter my time and skills for equal services and information
------ my backstory ------
currently saving to buy a laser cutter for co-working and co-creation pod called apiary and get mobile driving a vw t5 transporter across the uk and europe
helped lifecast from sleepydog get into the first apple app store to be part of the first 500 apps ever launched worldwide – proud social media moment.
bought a domain, me.dm (me-d-em) and ever since I’ve bartered my time as a transmedia digital artist in the social media realm. a brand advocate for word of mouth agencies from behind the lens of a mobile phone or camera.
------ my backstory ------
my courses on skillshare so far
- Logitech C920 Webcam Setup Tips on the Mac » http://skl.sh/1Xc2AC0 [torrent]
- Making a Skillshare Course – My Process Shared » http://skl.sh/1XEbOIm [torrent]
- Building a WordPress Traffic Generation Network » http://skl.sh/1RJSJvi [torrent]
- Virtual Worker Income – Cambly, VidMob and Fiverr » http://skl.sh/1ZoXMrd [torrent]
- What can Slack Do? – The Slack Primer » http://skl.sh/1ZjMXqc [torrent]
- The Brand Advocate Primer – Promote, Empower & Engage » http://skl.sh/1ZphkLY [torrent]
- The Long Tail of Vanity Urls – Buying and Selling » http://skl.sh/1YpBHu3 [torrent]
- Amplifying your Twitter Promotion with Twibble.io » http://skl.sh/1ZRwj1w [torrent]
- E-Residency is Awesome – The Why » http://skl.sh/29xkgrF [torrent]
- DIY Digital Promotion Tools for Building Referrals » http://skl.sh/29BexNo
- Distributing Digital Content Using BitTorrent Now » http://skl.sh/29P1g4K
- Using Medium for the Cost of a Domain Name » http://skl.sh/29UiKfR
- Making Closed Captions – Youtube + Rev + Fiver » http://skl.sh/29TpTyJ
- Pokemon Go for Parents » http://skl.sh/29JsicX
- HD Vine Videos Practitioner Guide » http://skl.sh/2a98eVM
- Setup FB Instant Articles + Google Amp + Wordpress » http://skl.sh/2abOdxU
- #SSSVEDA Tips for Surviving a Video Blogging Month » http://skl.sh/2avaX6
- ‘Beyond the Vine’ Beta Overview & Guide » http://skl.sh/2aN4xTI
- Using SoundCloud as your Podcast Host » http://skl.sh/2aHmViU
- Practitioner Guide for 60 Second Instagram Video »http://skl.sh/2aDMXy9
- Optimising your Connection for Video Chats » http://skl.sh/2aEdX07
- Protect ‘Yo Self – VPN & USB Blockers » http://skl.sh/2bMP4nl
- Getting Started with Instagram Stories » http://skl.sh/2bnOApE
- Worlds Cheapest Cloud Backup & Dropshare 4 Walkthrough » http://skl.sh/2bqGHzV
- Automated Live Video Stream with Audience Development 24/7 » http://skl.sh/2bLh3Uf
- 20 Awesome Web Tools – Get Productive! [pt1] » http://skl.sh/2c3ozba
- Using Text Expander to Become a Keyboard Ninja » http://skl.sh/2buqidu
- Things to Consider Before Co-Working » http://skl.sh/2cglUKz
- Digital Nomad Six Areas of Concentration » http://skl.sh/2bYXQhL
- Getting your Environment Ready for Digital Course Making » http://skl.sh/2cnmhUm
- Day Trading Attention with Digital Platforms » http://skl.sh/2cnCXLi