Canning 101: Learn How to Make your own Strawberry Jam Premium class
- 1x (Normal)
Cooking Your Strawberry Jam03:45
Procedure for Canning06:10
About This Class
Presenting the Easiest Way to Make Your Own Slammin' Strawberry Jam: A Step-by-Step Guide
Preserving our own food is a timeless tradition that our ancestors took part in for many centuries. Not only did it enable them to enjoy fresh, nutritious food all year round, it became a time for family and friends to gather together. It's a shame that this tradition is becoming a lost art so I have made it my life's goal to pass on this wonderful knowledge. It's not intimidating or difficult - it just takes a bit of patience, love and practice. I know you will enjoy preserving and eating your creations as much as I do. Come join me!
Sign up for this course and you'll learn:
- Basic canning concepts including definition of jams, chutneys and jellies.
- How to make your own strawberry jam in your own kitchen.
- How to make it your own - create your own recipe (substitute sugar and various herbs if you need to)!
- How to do it safely and without any pesky botulism.
- The secret tips that will help to make your jam come out perfectly.
- My recommendations for how to thoroughly enjoy each bite!
This course includes:
- Step-by-step videos of my jam-making process
- Canning 101 Documents
- Recipe samples
- List of substitution possibilities
- Additional resources
I’ve taught this workshop to thousands of students, many of whom have gone on to become trainers themselves and make their own products.
I also personally respond to any questions my students have, so there's no worry about getting overwhelmed. So sign up now!
Classie Parker has over 50 years of experience canning and gardening in NYC. Classie comes from a long line of canners - she watched her Grandma Emma can and cook for over 30 years. It was a way of life and sustainability at a time when money was scarce and there were a lot of mouths to feed. Classie has taken this knowledge and shared it with her community. In fact, she’s taught more than 4,000 people across the New York metropolitan region how to can their own food. She is a master Just Food & Green Thumb Trainer, a food activist and the founder of the Five Star Community Garden in Harlem. Classie is an inspiration to everyone she meets