- 1x (Normal)
Sharpening & Noise Reduction3:14
About This Class
Ray shows you how to sharpen your landscape photographs using Adobe Photoshop software.
Quickly learn the professional trick to sharpen the foreground, but not the sky.
You will learn:
- Basics of using the UNsharp Mask filter
- How to use the Quick Selection Tool
- Use of Layer Masks to separate land & sky
- How to use the Reduce Noise filter to eliminate digital grain
You will need:
- Adobe Photoshop CC (2016). However, a 30-day trial version or older version (CS4+) is okay.
- Landscape / scenic photo with both sky and land
- Computer & Monitor
- 10 minutes to watch the videos (plus extra time practicing what you've learned.)
My name is Ray...
As a qualified and experienced art & design teacher, I am passionate about helping you improve your photography. That's why I am teaching on Skillshare - so you can invest some serious time into your hobby - you deserve it!
As a power user of Photoshop, (think 25 years+), I will show you what YOU NEED TO KNOW, not all other bright shiny objects that might distract you.
As a trained photographer, (think Bachelor Degree), I know how frustrating it can be, learning to use a DSLR camera. Most tutors don't explain stuff clearly - they are talking heads full of technical jargon! I know your struggles, as I was (and still am) a student of photography.
All the best,