- 1x (Normal)
Background and environment2:44
Levitation and texture5:42
Light and color3:14
About This Class
Welcome to my Skillshare class! I am excited to share with you my process for capturing and creating ephemeral, atmospherical photos. Students will take their photography to a new level, nurture imagination, and learn to combine real with fictional. This type of photo manipulation work is often used in book cover design, illustrating album covers, and elements for interior decoration.
I’ve been an artist and photographer since I can remember. My work involves taking various figure and environmental photos and manipulating them to create an image that evokes a distinct feeling grounded in a place.
What You'll Learn
I’ll teach you my photo manipulation process in Photoshop and provide some tips in achieving your desired look.
- Background and Environment. I will discuss how a simple background is essential to this creative process.
- Figure. I will teach how to create a “levitation” posture with your figure, as if the body is flying – “no gravity” style.
- Texture. We will explore some layering techniques to achieve different textures for your image.
- Light and Color. I will teach you some techniques for exploring your concept through texture, light and color.
- Final Touches. You will learn how to critique and perfect your work, and add finishing touches.
Students can either use found images or photographs they have captured for manipulation.
What You'll Do
I will walk students through creating an image depicting a figure in levitation in an environment. You will blend together different elements in nature to create a surreal atmosphere that evokes strong emotions.
Class Projects 16 See All
For 6 years I have been exploring different areas of photography from conceptual to fashion to surreal to street photography. My works have appeared in various gallery exhibitions including The Center for Fine Art Photography, 1650 Gallery and Royal Geographical Society. I've recieved international photography awards such as Sony WPA, Travel Photographer of the Year, Metro Photo Challenge, Teen Photo Contest and Emerging Photographer of the Year.
Someone once told me that I press the shutter when God wants it pressed. I realized that photography is bigger than an ephemeral crotchet, it is beyond the crust of my soul and brighter than light itself. Art has made me a believer, a winner, a loser, a fighter, a dreamer, a doer, and above all- it has made me myself.