Fundamentals of Lightroom II: Editing and Post Processing Premium class
- 1x (Normal)
Manipulate Images in Library Mode5:22
Crop and Straighten Tool4:03
White Balance / Temperature & Tint4:42
Tonal Scale / Exposure, Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Whites & Blacks6:32
Presence / Clarity, Vibrance & Saturation3:16
Bring It Together1:55
HSL / Color / B&W / Split Toning / Camera Calibration9:55
Lens Corrections and Effects7:34
Spot Correct and Red Eye6:43
Local Adjustments: Graduated Filter, Radial Filter & Adjustment Brushes14:41
Working with Develop Presets3:56
Bring It All Together3:32
Export & Share2:34
About This Class
Professional photographers and enthusiasts alike will love this class in the basics and behind-the-scenes secrets of transforming your photos in Adobe Lightroom! It’s the favorite editing tool of Lotus Carroll, and she’s eager to show you how to get started.
Adobe Lightroom is more affordable than Photoshop, offers a database-driven organization system for streamlining your workflow, and, most importantly, has the significant photo editing capabilities to transform your photographs into images that fully realize your creative vision.
In this class, you’ll learn how to navigate and customize view modes, master the core functionality that’s driving the program’s popularity, and learn the secrets of all the develop panels and tools that transform Lightroom into a processing powerhouse.
What You'll Learn
- Introduction to the Lightroom Workspace. Look around the software setup, focusing mostly on the Develop Mode, where processing is done.
- Use the Library to View and Manipulate Photos. Survey large image collections, compare image view modes, and manipulate images with shortcuts.
- Explore Image Editing Essentials. Learn how to use Lightroom to adjust the basics: crop, alignment, tone, tint, exposure, contrast, brightness, clarity, vibrance, and saturation of your photos. Play with extremes to enhance your understanding of the program’s full capabilities.
- Experiment with Advanced Editing Techniques. Go beyond basics and learn to fully develop and transform your RAW images in Lightroom. We’ll cover key adjustments (white balance correction, noise reduction, sharpening, etc.), working with presets, sophisticated filters, useful brushes, split toning, lens corrections, and more.
- Export, Publish, and Share Your Work. Export your work to Photoshop (or elsewhere) for further editing, and share your photos using the power of social media.
What You'll Do
- Deliverable. A series of processed images from Lightroom.
- Brief. Explore about how to integrate Lightroom into your own workflow and creative process.
- Collaboration. As you go through the class, update your project to share your progress with your fellow students.
- Specs. Be sure to share full width images and screenshots with the class in your project.
By the end of the course, students will have the skills to successfully post process their images to suit their individual style, delivering a final product they are proud of.
Whether you already have a large photo collection or are just getting started, this class is the ultimate guide for using Lightroom to transform your photos into compelling images with impact.
Class Projects 13 See All
105 of 107 students recommendSee All
This class really helped me to better understand how to improve photos in lightroom. I have had LR for a couple of years, but I learned more in this class than all of the time I played trying to learn on my own.
I'm a photographer, writer, and artist who is a flexible, think-outside-the-box social media "power user" and absent minded dreamer extraordinaire. I am based in Austin, TX, but greatly enjoy traveling. Ask me anything about Lightroom or photography in general! If I don't know the answer, I'm happy to figure it out or help you find it.