- 1x (Normal)
Introduction: The Role of Remixes2:27
Pre-Production: Determine the Vibe3:25
Benefits of Using Stems1:24
Building the Groove11:10
Percussion and Lead Melody9:07
Sequencing the Track17:45
Intro and Outro for DJs6:22
Legal & Sharing2:58
About This Class
Song remixes can be a great way to crack into the music industry and build your name as a producer. In this 60-minute class with globe trotting DJ King Arthur (Hexagon/Spinnin Records), you'll follow along as he builds a remix from scratch – a skill that has been instrumental in getting him to where he is today. You'll learn:
- How to define the purpose of your remix - where will it be played?
- Creating a groove for your new version of the song with baselines and leads
- Utilizing percussion to set the tempo
- Adding in transitions to polish a track
- Including intros and outros so DJs can easily feature your track in a mix
- Tips on sharing and spreading the track
Whether you're a seasoned producer or an aspiring up and comer, this class will give you the ins and outs for what you should consider when creating a dance remix meant to get spins. After going through the lessons, you'll share a remix of your own.
It is recommended that you have a basic understanding of digital music production (any digital audio workstation will suffice) to fully utilize the lessons King Arthur shares in this class.
King Arthur is a music producer and DJ signed to Don Diablo's Hexagon roster, a sub-label of Spinnin Records.