Engage Your Audience with Interactive Tools and Activities for Audience Participation Premium class
- 1x (Normal)
A Quick Taste1:04
How Much is Too Much?0:46
Behind the Scenes: Useful for Beginners Only!5:48
The Personal Touch2:51
For Your Consideration: Icebreakers3:41
AWA and Connect Fours6:06
Talkalong and Padlet5:15
An Audience Response System1:12
Considerations for Partner Activites: When and How2:58
Examples of Partner Activites3:08
Small Group Activity: Example 14:04
Small Group Activity: Example 22:31
What Stuck With You Today? Two Activities1:00
Make a Test, Take a Test1:41
Review Practice Activity0:46
Goodbye and Thank You0:29
About This Class
Your topic is important and your slides are clear and powerful. Now what?
Make your seminars and workshops more engaging and effective by balancing information and content delivery with interactive activities.
An interactive seminar helps your audience to
- Learn more
- Remember better
- Understand how they can apply the content going forward
This course is for you if you are a newbie presenter looking for additional ways to connect with your seminar audience.
Together we will walk through a typical seminar from beginning to end and learn
- Short, interactive activities that will set the tone
- Ways to connect your audience with the topic
- Strategies to help the audience remember the content
- Techniques that the audience can use to apply what they learned
Why this course?
Many presenters have expert knowledge and are truly passionate about sharing their topic. But learning how to work well with an audience is the piece that is sometimes missing. It takes time to find appropriate activities and to know where and when to use them. This course pulls all of that together for you, using free, easily available online activities as well as pen and paper activities-all field-tested. Together we will move through each stage of a typical seminar, from the time the audience enters the room to the end when you are asking for feedback. Whether you like low-tech or high tech, and whether you are speaking to a small group or a large audience, you will find useful strategies to choose from in the wide variety of activities included in the course.
I'm dedicated to helping busy learners progress in French and other areas of interest. I currently teach International Students at Brandon University.
Most of my teaching experience has been in the classroom as follows:
- FSL teacher and French Immersion teacher
- School district French consultant- giving support to other teachers
- Sessional Instructor, Faculty of Education- Brandon University
- Coordinator and developer of program for immigrants and newcomers to our small city
- Presenter of many seminars and workshops including at provincial and national conferences in Canada as well as in my own city.
Teacher and Education Consultant M. Ed.
Winner of National and Provincial (Canadian) Awards for educational contribution in the field of second language education.
Brandon University Gold Medal and the Governor General's Gold Medal for the highest academic standing in the Master's degree program. (2002)
I am Canadian and speak both English and French. I am working on Spanish.