Introduction To Twitch TV Video Game Live Streaming Premium class
- 1x (Normal)
Why do you want to stream on Twitch?3:13
Noahj456 used YouTube to build a large Twitch audience.6:14
Syndicate has the most Twitch followers and built from YouTube.4:17
Socialblade has hundreds more case studies you can view.2:45
League of Legends is the top game on Twitch.1:59
Looking deep into the browse features will show you a lot about streaming.7:52
The opportunity is to find a game you like where people will watch.3:59
New games on release day provide a great opportunity to get new viewers.2:58
Entry level streaming solution: BenQ monitor and Elgato HD capture card.3:30
To stream you need hardware to stream and software to manage it.4:49
Simple getting started streaming solution: direct from the console with Twitch.2:54
The microphone is one of the most important pieces of equipment.2:36
Wirecast is what I use to stream on my iMac with a green screen.4:39
Doing a little bit every day is the most effective way to do anything.2:44
Giving back to your streamers will ensure they come back.4:07
Uploading videos to Facebook works great for me to get people watching me game.3:22
Uploading videos to YouTube works great to get organic traffic over time.3:13
Follow for follow Facebook groups help to get your initial following fast.2:57
How I handle haters and negative comments.4:44
About This Class
Learn How To Get Started With Twitch TV and Streaming Your Favorite Video Games Live Online!
Are you looking to get started with Twitch TV?
In this course we walk you through everything you need to know to start streaming your favorite video games live.
What is Twitch TV?
For those of us who love to play video games Twitch is the perfect platform to get out there and start broadcasting your game play to the world. Twitch TV gives you the platform to start building an audience through the online gaming community.
Here is what you get in this course:
In this course we walk you through everything including setting up your channel, getting artwork, picking a streaming platform to use, building your audience and even learning how to receive donations while you play your games live.
We discuss topics such as:
- Setting Up Your Channel
- Comparing different streaming platforms
- Using a Greenscreen on your stream
- Getting High Quality Artwork Designed
- Becoming Personable With Your Audience
- Running Contests & Giving Away Prizes
- Building Your Audience Through YouTube, Facebook and more.
What are the requirements?
- A willingness to play games on a regular basis
- Patience to setup a streaming platform such as OBS or Xsplit
- The motivation to want to build an audience and expect it will not happen overnight
What am I going to get from this course?
- Learn how to setup a Twitch TV Channel
- Setup a Greenscreen
- Understanding different streaming platforms
- Use Facebook & YouTube to build a Twitch Audience
- How you can earn revenue with Twitch from Donations and Affiliate products
What is the target audience?
- Those who enjoy playing video games and live broadcasting should take this course.
Help me reach 3,000 followers on Skillshare by following me today! Followers receive first access to the new classes I create DAILY here on the topics listed below and more!
- Facebook ads and marketing learned by growing my Facebook page to over 2 million likes!
- YouTube channel success strategies learned by building my YouTube channel to 89,000+ subscribers.
- Google AdWords tutorials learned by spending $100,000+ on my own advertisements on Google.
- Teaching online learned on YouTube with 10+ million views on my YouTube videos and on Udemy where I had 170,000+ students before being banned!
- A daily workflow system for creativity that I have used to make over 2,000 videos online in two years.
- Building a great Skillshare teaching community on a daily basis with new classes!
- Steps for creating and building your own freelancing business online selling products, serving clients, and doing affiliate marketing.
- Investing and trading cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin and ethereum as a hobby while earning a better than average return!
- What works most effectively to make money online based on my experience earning more than a million dollars freelancing from my home office in the first five years of starting my business.
- The complete system I use to run a business that is the best real job I have ever had online as seen at https://jerrybanfield.com/resources.
Do you have Skillshare Premium?
- Skillshare Premium is required to view most of my courses.
- I have a Skillshare Premium subscription that gives me unlimited access to all Skillshare courses for just $0.99 for the first three months and then $96 a year after that which is just $8 per month! This is how I prefer to take online courses because I complete payment once and then I am able to learn from anyone at my own pace! This is SO much easier than repeatedly buying once course after another and then feeling guilty if I do not actually watch it.
- Join me as a premium skillshare member for $0.99 a month for the first three months at https://www.skillshare.com/r/jerrybanfield.
How did you get here with me?
In 2005 while I was in college at the University of South Carolina, I tried to start working online. I signed up for an MLM program and a survey website. A month later, I had refunds from both and figured working online was not possible because everything was a scam. The truth was I was afraid to fail again.
In 2011, I moved in with my wife and launched an online business focusing on video game addiction in an attempt to avoid dealing with any of my other problems. In a few months, I changed my business to selling tshirts because I realized there was no money in video game addiction. A year after starting my business, I dropped out of my criminology PHD program at the University of South Florida to run my business full time which by then had changed to helping clients with Facebook and Google ads based on my experience failing to do them successfully for myself.
In 2013, I starting sharing everything I knew for free on YouTube because I hoped it would help me get more clients. By April 2014, I was nearly bankrupt after failing at 15+ different business models. I was also nearly dead from trying to drink the pain away and fortunately the fear of death motivated me to get into recovery. Being in recovery motivated me to focus more on being of true service to others and less on what I would get out of it. I started making courses online with Udemy which soon turned into my first real business. I partnered with as many talented instructors as I could and learned from top instructors how to get my courses the most sales.
In 2015, I tried making some inspirational videos sharing what I learned in recovery and got an amazing response on YouTube. To make the background on my videos more interesting, I started making the inspirational videos while playing video games. To make a more helpful website, I hired a freelancer to convert the videos into blog posts including this about page originally.
By 2016, the Udemy courses I was teaching had made nearly $2 million dollars in sales with me receiving over $600,000 of that. Things went so well on Udemy that Udemy decided to launch a new pricing policy in April 2016 that reduced sales by 80% sitewide which encouraged many instructors to leave. Since I did not take the hint, Udemy chose to ban me based on what they said were policy violations despite my best efforts to work within the rules. Now I am recording audio books on Audible and teaching all my new video courses here on Skillshare as well as on my website!
Thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoy my courses!